2.10.2012

Asian-Inspired "Spaghetti and Meatballs" with Soy-Ginger Glaze



I saw these meatballs on amazing food blog SmittenKitchen, and I knew I absolutely had to try them. My friends and fellow foodies Glynis and Lydie came over to help cook (Glynis is the one that introduced me to SK in the first place). We made some Udon noodles to go with the meatballs; the soy-ginger glaze turned out to be a wonderful sauce for the pasta as well.  The recipe can be found on SmittenKitchen. I didn't have any mirin, so I added a bit of maple syrup for sweetness.  As I only had light brown sugar, I also threw in a drop of molasses. Of course, there was chocolate cake for dessert!


Next time, I want to sauté some bok choy for just underneath the meatballs. I have a feeling this dish is going to become a favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment