2.26.2012

Pesto Pizza with Artichoke Hearts, Kalamata Olives, Caramelized Onions and Parmesan



        This is a short post. An easy recipe. A lazy dinner.  But nonetheless a delicious one.
         I'll admit this was a Trader Joe's dinner. Not a pre made, boxed, microwavable dinner. It was rather a "crap-I-don't-have-any-ingredients-in-the-house-I-need-to-go-to-the-grocery-store" dinner. As the local Acme is closed, Trader Joe's is the closest store to me.
         I made my dough in the morning, and picked up a jar of kalamata olives, a can of artichoke hearts, a jar of pesto (ashamedly, as I usually make my own in the summer!!), a bag of parmesan, and an onion. The caramelized onions balance out the salty olives, pesto and artichoke hearts. It's one of my favorite kinds of pizza.
  1. Caramelize onions (low temp for a while, add a bit of sugar to caramelize faster)
  2. Roll out dough.
  3. Pile the ingredients on top.
  4. Bake for around 25 minutes at 350º.



No comments:

Post a Comment