5.31.2015

Two hour headboard

It all started with our narrow staircase, up which a box spring could not fit. A makeshift bed on slats and wheels served us just fine for a year, but I grew frustrated as the pillows slipped behind the bed every night while we slept. Sitting against the wall was uncomfortable -- I started looking on Pinterest for inspiration (always dangerous when studying should be occurring).

Jumping on the opportunity afforded by TWO WHOLE WEEKEND DAYS off, I found time (and energy) to make a headboard for our bed. I bought pine slats from Lowes, and connected them by drilling two vertical pieces into the back of the slats. I cut out a hole for the outlet to come through, and finished with a pretty stain.

Overall, the whole project only took a few hours and was under $60!

No comments:

Post a Comment