5.03.2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


I am so, so close to being done with college forever. I have 8 pages finished out of a 12 page paper, and 1,600 words out of 3000 for another. Then done. Just a few words....

That said, I am going to write more words right now, words that have nothing to do with Homi Bhabha's post-colonial theory or hunger strikers in the Women's Suffrage Movement. Words that get me no closer to finishing my undergraduate career...

This is a favorite old recipe, one my mom used to make every time we had bananas that were mushy and too ripe to eat. It's adapted from Fannie Farmer (I suppose I'm on a Fannie Farmer streak, if two recipes can count as a streak), but the substitution of chocolate chips for walnuts was a brilliant move on the part of my mother.

  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c flour
  • 3/4 c sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2-3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the eggs and mix together. Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl and add to the banana-egg mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350ยบ for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment